1. FILM: “Beasts of the Southern Wild,” through Thursday, Ross Media Arts Center, 13th and R streets.
The indie film and one of the best pictures of the year has had its Lincoln run extended by a week for good reason. Don’t miss this tale of a young girl and her father trying to survive outside the Louisiana levees.
2. MUSIC: Mumford & Sons, 8 p.m. Monday, Pinewood Bowl, Pioneers Park.
The final show in the Pinewood Bowl series features the hottest band to play the park amphitheater -- English folk-rockers Mumford & Sons. A sellout, it will, appropriately, draw the biggest crowd of the six concerts.
3. EVENT: “A Taste of Greece,” 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, 950 N. 63rd St.
The third annual festival, a fundraiser for the church, features a variety of Greek foods and baked goods for purchase.
4. MUSIC: Ronnie Cox, 8 p.m. Saturday, LAFTA House Concert, 6115 Huntington Ave.
The actor known for his roles in “Deliverance,” “Beverly Hills Cop” and “RoboCop” also is a singer-songwriter whose repertoire includes a mix of witty ditties, bluesy swing tunes and real-life folk anthems.
5. THEATER: “Liza and All That Jazz,” 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 2 p.m. next Sunday, TADA Theatre, Seventh and P streets.
Cris Rook as Liza Minnelli and Curtis Moeller as her flamboyant (and most recent) ex-husband will deliver songs fast and furious from TADA’s cabaret stage.