1. MUSIC: Soup & Songs, 5-7 p.m. Sunday, Ferguson House, 700 S. 16th St.
Community radio station KZUM begins the third season of its popular soup supper/house concert series with local jazz trio the Lightning Bugs performing.
2. MUSIC: Daniel Christian Band, 7 p.m. Tuesday, The Space, 5900 S. 58th St. The local singer-songwriter celebrates the release of not one, but two power-pop EPs, "COFFEE" and "TOAST," his first projects with Tremulant Records in Charleston, South Carolina.
3. MOVIE: "Coco," opens Tuesday, various theaters.
Pixar's holiday picture is a tale of a young Mexican boy who wants to be a musician but has to venture through the skeleton-filled land of the Day of the Dead.
4. MOVIE: "Wonderstruck," through Thursday, Ross Media Arts Center, 313 N. 13th St.
Director Todd Haynes tells an intertwined story of two deaf children, a boy in 1977 and a girl in 1927, who each go on a quest to find out who they really are.
5. TELEVISION: Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, 9 a.m. Thursday, NBC.
The network's live coverage of the 91st annual parade in New York City includes floats, giant balloons, marching bands, celebrity appearances, and, of course, Santa Claus.