There is a lot of restaurant news (both good and bad) to report.
* Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers plans to open its second Lincoln location later this month at 30th and Yankee Hill Road, just to the east of Kohl's and Marshalls. An exact date has not been set.
* Phat Jack's BBQ also hopes to have its new location at West O and Southwest 14th streets before the end of this month. The restaurant also announced a couple of months ago that it plans a third location at 84th and Holdrege streets that it plans to have open by next September.
* Tanner's Bar & Grill has now opened its second Lincoln location in the former Grandmother's space at 69th and A streets.
* On the closing side, Chef Karim's Mediterranean Grill at Cotner and R streets closed last month after only a few months, but I am told it will reopen soon.
* Mitchell's Family Soul Food Restaurant on Ninth Street also closed, and it is not going to reopen. The owner, Anthony Mitchell, moved back to Florida, and is now running his restaurant out of a Citgo gas station in the Orlando area.