What does being a Lincoln Journal Star carrier have to offer you?
- Additional income for school, entertainment, clothing, vacations, gifts, household expenses, etc.
- Convenient working hours (allowing you to attend school, maintain another job, participate in after school activities, have the remainder of your daytime hours free)
- Personal development of service, sales and bookkeeping skills
- Work independently and build a quality business reputation
- Improved physical/emotional health through exercise, particularly on a foot route
What are some of the qualities that the Lincoln Journal Star looks for in a prospective carrier?
- Lincoln Journal Star carriers are independent contractors & must be at least 12 years old to be a carrier.
- Service oriented to provide a high level of customer satisfaction
- Dependable and responsible
- Prefer early morning hours
- Committed to 7 days a week
- Have a support system (family, friends, etc.) to assist as a substitute when needed
- Good organizational skills
- Sales oriented - ability to communicate well with existing customers and to approach potential customers
- Eager to obtain additional customers on his or her route
- Able to maintain a bookkeeping system to track payment of subscriptions
- Able to communicate with existing customers to discuss collections of subscription fees