The young man came charging across North 27th Street, dodging four lanes of heavy Saturday afternoon traffic, some cars screeching to a halt, others nearly striking him.
Updated: 7:00 pm Nebraska's unemployment rate dropped to 2.7 percent in February, making it the lowest rate in the country for the first time since 1998.
The Lincoln Children’s Zoo kicks off its 50th year with its earliest opening ever on April 1.
Fast food can be harmful to your health as filmmaker Morgan Spurlock once showed us in his eye-opening documentary “Super Size Me.” But it can be good for you, too, if it’s done the right way. The new, locally owned Source is out to prove it.
More than 300 Lincoln Public Schools students have committed to attend classes at the Career Academy, the $25 million collaboration between the district and Southeast Community College opening this fall.
Texas baseball coach Augie Garrido once wrote a book about how he changed his approach to life. At least one thing stayed the same -- he kept winning, Steven M. Sipple writes.
Updated The NSAA state speech championships wrapped up Friday in Kearney.
Updated OMAHA -- Shortly after learning he had contracted the deadly Ebola virus in Liberia, Dr. Rick Sacra learned he would be taking a long flight t…
The arrest of an Irving Middle School teacher accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl who was his student understandably alarmed parents and taxpayers.
Range of cash grain prices paid to farmers by country elevators in the Lincoln area as of 4 p.m. Friday:
$20 Gift Voucher for $10
The Lincoln Board of Education approved a 10-year, $…
Lincoln's Cutest Pet Photo Contest 2015. Submit your…
Consider delivering the Lincoln Journal Star & e…
- 1 In a flash, ‘superhero’ saves the day on 27th Street
- 2 Husker season opener worth some extra attention this year
- 3 Father sues former Husker, nonprofit after son's fundraiser
- 4 Garth Brooks selling quickly; more shows added
- 5 Bold Nebraska sues Neligh couple over concert beer sales
- 6 Chambers' remarks stir senatorial backlash
- 7 How many strikes in NU's drug policy?
- 8 Source offers healthy kinds of fast food
- 9 10-year-old dies in crash near Macy
- 10 Analysts weigh in on the cost of Gregory's failed drug test